Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Chasing the Sunset

It was one of those random plots for a Saturday afternoon on a long weekend. Being the procrastinator I am, I made last minute confirmations to attend a nyam-chom meat up at Kitalu. God bless the organizers because they indulged me and got me on board.

So off to Magadi, via all the shortcut backroutes all to avoid the Langata road and Ngong Road snarl up on a Saturday afternoon. So we went via Ngong town to avoid the Rongai Traffic.

First stop after a looooong drive was at the viewpoint. Ken who was driving us was kind enough to give us a much deserved stopover.

This is a sneak peek of how my Instagram timeline looked from then on.

    Scenic Rift Valley

   A view of the Rift Valley from Ngong Hills at the viewpoint

    Time to engage low gear as the ascent to Ole polos was quite steep


    Kitalu Restaurant - Up close with the wild
                                     
    I tried to fly a kite but it was extremely windy!

    The panoramic view from Kitalu restaurant.
                                   
The beautiful sunset that made me appreciate nature at its best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment